Sunday, March 3, 2013

Oscar Love

I don't think I saw one movie in 2012 that was nominated for anything!  Actually, I did see "Brave" and that won for best animated movie.  I'm just at that stage of life. There was a time when Nathan & I saw about every movie.  It's on my bucket list to have an Oscar party, complete with ballots and all the fun party decor ideas below.  One of these years, I'll get out to see more movies and host an Oscar party :) Images are linked on Pinterest.
 I LOVE the Oscars. There's no question that a bulk of style and trends (in the United States) start in Hollywood. That's evident in the fact that celebrities now grace the monthly covers of Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire, etc...In the 80's and 90's, these covers were dominated by super models and that's who we looked to for fashion inspiration. I love seeing designers putting their best foot forward, embracing trends and extreme fashion creativity, captured in an exciting night on the red carpet. 
  
I'd sum up the night of high fashion by calling it a return to old Hollywood Glamour.  Designers embraced lace, very full dress silhouettes and rich jeweled colors such as emerald green and sapphire.
 
Here are my Favorites:
 
Glamourous jeweled tone gowns: Olivia Munn in Marchesa and Reese Witherspoon in Louis Vuitton.
 
 Again, more jewel tones and beautiful silhouettes.  Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen, Jennifer Garner in Gucci, Jessica Chastain in Armani.
 
 
Full elegant silhouettes:  Charlize Theron in Christian Dior, Jennifer Lawrence in Christian Dior, Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta.
Old Hollywood Black & Lace: Sandra Bullock in Elie Saab and Kristin Chenoweth in Tony Ward.
 
 
Finally, my personal favorite red carpet look for the night.  And the Oscar for best dressed goes to...
Giuliana Rancic in Rafael Cennamo.  Huge kudos to her stylist.  I can't say enough about the beauty of her dress and her new hair style.  I hope she keeps the hair.  Here she is again.  She deserves another look :)
 
 
 
Last but NOT Least:
Thanks to those who have entered the giveaway and are following my blog.  It really means a lot :) Click below to see the initial post.  One more week to enter.
 
 
I'd love to send one of you some of the goodies from Neiman Marcus beauty week.  The winner selects a bag (either the big blue one or small black or small cheetah one in the pic) and I'll stock it with samples and this DownEast Infinity Heart Scarf. I love the fun colors in the scarf and since my blog is about things I love, the heart motif is fitting. See the rules below.


Rules and Requirements:

1.  Follow me on "Join this Site."  Link is on the right
2.  Leave a comment so I know who you are :)
3.  Follow me on Pinterest & Instagram for an added bonus. Let me know in the comments so I can verify.

Good luck!  I can't wait to send you some of my favorites!

Winner will be selected at random.  I'll ship to the U.S. and Canada. Contest closes on Sunday March 10th at 7pm, MST.  I'll post the winner on this blog.  Winner must email me within 3 days or another winner will be selected.  One entry per person :)


These are my favorites!

Love,

 
Laura

2 comments:

Ann said...

I agree with your winner for best dressed! Beautiful. Fun ideas for Oscar party too. Make sure I can be there.

I don't follow Instagram or Pinterest but does being your sister count enough to put me in your drawing? :-)

Unknown said...

Absolutely!! You are in. xoxo