Friday, February 22, 2013

13th Anniversary: Lace

Nathan & I celebrated our 13th Anniversary on February 19th. 
{We were young lings when we got married}


For our anniversaries, I like to incorporate the traditional gifts into our day.  The 13th year is lace.  {Click Here}to see the suggested gift list by year.  It's a fun tradition.

 
The Gifts
I was trying to be creative and think outside the box.  The idea popped into my head to get Nathan "LACES" as in a new pair of shoes.  I set off to Nordstrom Rack and immediately hit the Women's shoe department first ;)  I think I'm on auto pilot to go straight there. Of course I found shoes I love. These Jessica Simpson T-strap platforms.  I then headed over to the men's shoe section to knock out 2 birds with one stone: try on my shoes and looks for ones for Nathan.  I didn't find anything for him :(  I had to get creative and think what else to get.  I bought him a new belt (not pictured), Under Armour running pants, and new socks.  All things he can wear with shoes he already has with "laces."


Big Gifts from Anniversaries Past
11th Anniversary: is the gift of steel.  We bought a new BMW.

 10th Anniversary: This was my favorite.  We love Vegas and went back for our anniversary. It's where we went on our honeymoon so it was fun to return. The gift for that year is tin/aluminum.  We stayed at Trump International (highly recommend~5 star hotel) which is a big "metallic" hotel.  My gift was a David Yurman cuff cable bracelet which also goes along with tin/aluminum.
 
 
Lace & Fashion
Lace was everywhere on the runway for Spring 2013 fashions. Here are clips:


My Interpretation of Fashion & Lace
I'm obsessed with the Nickolas Kirkwood lace heels.  I first saw them on Kelly Ripa (she's wearing a different pair of Kirkwood's in the pic. Aren't they a piece of art!!  Expensive art for your feet at $1800.
 
 
 
I put together this outfit, using the shoes as my inspiration.  If you didn't hear the news, matchy matchy is back!  It's acceptable again to match your shoes to your handbag, and to your belt.  It's also acceptable to wear head to toe lace. 
Top is Prabal Gurung. He's a high end designer who just did a line for Target.

 Mix & Match pieces I created:
Lace Cardi from Downeast, along with the Skirts. Black lace underpinning is Downeast
iPhone lace case.The SHOES!!  I think they are a great alternative to the Kirkwoods.  I'd like to add them to my shoe "art" collection.  The are also Prabal Gurung for Target.


 
 
Lace etc...









 Lace aviators are Valentino.  I love the mix of masculine & feminine.

Uggs are from their Bridal Collection.  How fun if you have a winter wedding. Not to wear at the actual wedding...maybe while getting ready :)  I like the fluff flops and the blue soles.
 
 
Last but not least...
It's important to look great while working out :)  The lace trend is even in workout gear.  This outfit is Lululemon and from their laceoflage collection (sadly it's about out of stock).
 
I hope I inspired you to do something creative if you have an anniversary to celebrate this year.
 

These are my favorites!

Love,

Laura

1 comment:

Ann said...

Laura-you are so cute!!! Love all the new posts. I need you to shop for me! I will take the green skirt and black and cream lace top and shoes outfit please.