Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Week


I can sum up Valentine's week with one word:
SURPRISES

It's no surprise to those who know me that I am not tech savvy in the least.  I was up all night the night before V-day making 60 picture cards for my kids to take to school.  I couldn't get the pictures to turn out right (long story) and the night felt like Christmas Eve.  The feeling that you're never going to get to bed and the feeling that time is slipping away.  I did manage to get it all done by 11:30pm.
 Onto Valentines Day:
For dinner, we had a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphys.  I was surprised at how huge, tasty, and cheap it was (7 bucks).  This will be our new tradition.  After dinner, we loaded the kids in the car and went to Freddy's for their favorite treat; worms and dirt, no surprise there :) 


Gifts:
Two huge surprises.  My Christmas gift finally arrived on Valentine's Day, a lemon citrine David Yurman cable bracelet.  I think it's safe to say my Yurman bracelet collection is now complete.  I love them. 
The biggest surprise of all was an Iphone.  I had a BlackBerry and had a love hate relationship with it.  Most days I wanted to throw it into a river.  It freezes all the time and thought maybe it might meet it's match in a cold icy "freezing" river.   Despite that, I couldnt' seem to get rid of it because it's basic in nature and easy to use when it's not frozen.  I now don't know how I made it this long without the IPhone.  It's kind of like switching from a programmed VCR taping your favorite shows to DVR.  I picked up this pink and gold chevron case for my white phone.


Pay it Forward Gift:
More on this in a post coming very soon but if you're on Facebook, you probably saw the pay it forward status idea last month.  I received a surprise pay it forward gift this week from a high school friend named Amber.  She's a makeup artist and indulged me with some great goodies; a Tweezerman file and buff set and Deborah Lippmann nail polish in Sweet Dreams.  I buffed my nails and painted two coats.  It's a fun bubble gum pink with gold sparkles.  Matches my IPhone case :)  I also painted my little diva's toes.  Painted toes are like brushing teeth for her.  She wants it done at least once per day, sometimes twice.  It wasn't easy to get her busy feet to stand still but she loves the color too.


Last but not Least:
To end the fun week, I realized I had had my share of sweets and not one workout.  Bad surprise realization.  I can certainly feel it.  I redeemed the Lululemon gift card my friends gave me for my birthday with this jacket and striped top.  Hopefully that will give me a little more motivation to get back into the swing of things next week.  I've been doing the Insanity Workout for 2 years and love it.  It's surprisingly very hard but very rewarding. 
Now onto my anniversary in 2 days. Another week of surprises :)




These are my favorites!

Love,

Laura

2 comments:

lauren, curious constellation said...

Looks like you had a lovely day. That heart shaped pizza is brilliant!

Unknown said...

Thanks Lauren! The pizza was delicious. Can't wait to get one again next year :)