Thursday, August 7, 2008

Peanut Butter

Along the lines of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, please meet my favorite peanut butter. Better'n Peanut Butter. The proof is in the numbers. Let me tell you about the health benefits of eating Better'n Peanut versus Skippy (my old favorite).

In 2 TBS

FAT: BNPB 2 grams, Skippy 16 grams!
SAT FAT: BNPB 0 grams, Skippy 3 grams
SODIUM: BNPB 95 MG, Skippy 150 mg
CALORIES: BNPB 100, Skippy 190

No guilt peanut butter. And I actually love the taste of it. Now, for you peanut butter lovers, don't expect a "total" peanut butter substitution as far as taste. It tastes different than peanut butter and is actually sweeter. I've eaten it for almost two years now and honestly prefer it to real peanut butter. And hey, who needs the extra yuckiness above? Give it a try!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know it came in low sodium! Super Target is the only place I can find it here. Even Whole Foods doesn't have it. I like it too. It kind of has a burnt after taste but i do eat it a lot. Brooke prefers it over real peanut butter too!!

Unknown said...

you can also spread it on Sprinkles Cupcakes!!

Ann said...

Sprinkles is why I eat this stuff!

Unknown said...

this is so gross but Brooke eats this out of the jar, spoonfuls!!! Mir - you will eat a lot of this on the meal plan so stock up. I think it's at Trader Joe's.

Shari said...

Hmmmmm....I'm skeptical but curious. May I taste yours first, Ann?? :)

I'd much rather have Sprinkles.

Jenny said...

Something that's better than peanut butter?! I've got to try this!!

Nicole said...

I love this PB and have been eating it for a couple of years now too. My favorite was is to spread some on top of a skinny cow vanilla icecream sandwhich. You gotta try it!