Sunday, August 10, 2008

What's in Laura's Beauty Box

Here is what I would never be without. I consider myself an expert in the make up testing department. When I worked at Neiman Marcus, I was bombarded with makeup samples and feel like I've tried it all (Chanel, Laura Mercier, Trish McEvoy, Bobbi Brown, Dior,NARS, etc. . . ). Here is what I absolutely would not be without!


Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner: hands down the best eyeliner out there. It's the only eyeliner I have ever tried that stays on all day long. When I go to wash my makeup off at night, it still looks like I just applied it. I am a fan of basic black eyeliner but I have this one in Black Mauve (pictured above). It's black with a hint of purplish-brown which is great for fall since purple is the "it" color.
NARS Bronzer: great way to add a little bit of color. I wear it in Laguna
NARS Sabrina Lip Balm: wonderful lip conditioner that contains vitamin E and SPF 20. I also love the color. It looks great with the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in the color Sex Machine.


MAC Lip Liner: love their colors. I've always worn Spice and Whirl
MAC Eye Shadows: they have a huge selection. I have 40+ of their eye shadows but I wear these three on a daily basis: Pen'N Pink, Sushi Flower, and Blackberry
MAC Shadow Paint: best beauty secret ever. My eye shadows used to "cake" in my crease. I tried several primers to fix this problem. (NARS primer is a great one, by the way) but nothing totally solved the problem until I discovered this little tube of magic paint. I put it on before I put on eye shadow and it doesn't crease. I use it in "Untitled."
MAC Brushes: I am a big fan of brushes and MAC makes a lot of good ones. Their brush cleaner is good too.



Kiehls Supremely Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover: Before I left Neimans, I stocked up on this since I got 1/2 off. It completely removes all eye make up and it amazes me how it completely takes off all the mascara and leaves you with soft lashes. This is the only product I've found that totally removes mascara.
CHANEL Lip Gloss: new found favorite. I love it in Bonbon (which is also Jessica Simpson's fav) and I wear it with MAC Whirl lip liner. I love the applicator brush.
Dior Show Mascara: hands down the BEST mascara out there. The wand is out of this world. I've tried almost every brand of mascara and this one is the best. My second favorite is Clinique High Impact.

7 comments:

Ann said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I need to update the beauty supply!

Jenny said...

Ooo, I think you just sold me on that mascara. I'm a huge fan of MAC products, too.

Jenny said...

p.s. Aren't you the one who introduced me to MAC in the first place?? :)

Unknown said...

i probably did. i've been a MAC junkie for years :o)

Shari said...

Whoa, brain overload! That is some awesome info Laura. Someday I need to try that stuff!

I love it when other people do my research for me!

Doran Family said...

I love it! I posted a link to this blog from our blog. So fun!

Bryony said...

Oh my gosh, you are THE makeup expert! You will need to give me a makeover next time you're in town. =)