Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cake Mix Recipes

Ann, Miriam and I are all advocates for healthy eating BUT if you have nothing left in your pantry except a box of cake mix, this little book is GREAT! It has fast and east recipes for cookies, cakes, brownies, fruity cakes, bundt cakes, muffins, breads: all using a box of cake mix. I've had the peanut butter cookies (which uses a box of yellow cake mix) and they were delicious. The author has other cookbooks such as, "101 Things to do with a Slow Cooker." Click here to see a complete list. Here is the recipe for chocolate chip cookies.
1 yellow cake mix
1/2 cup soft butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2/3 choc chips
Preheat oven to 350* Mix half the cake mix with butter, vanilla, and eggs until smooth. Stir in choc chips. Stir in rest of cake mix until absorbed. Bake 10-12 min on ungreased cookie sheet.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I can guarantee you that a cake mix would NEVER be the last thing left in my pantry! Mixes for baked goods have a very short life in this house, which is why I rarely have them on hand!

I'll have to pass this recipe on to my Mom though. She loves ideas like this. Sounds yummy!

Miriam